On 1/8/07, Koen Kooi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andrew J. Barr schreef:

> I wish they'd have gotten a keyboard into this bad boy...one of the
> reasons I like my Zaurus a bit better (not to mention the 400MHz ARM
> processor).

An omap 24xx at 320 MHz is insanely faster as any xscale, thanks to it's vfp,
dsp, iva and
 unaligned access options.

Ok. Let's fun begin.

It looks like OMAP2420 only. As per the development track on
linux.omap.com kernel mailing list the product may _NOT_ be using the
IVA1.0 processor. Basically OMAP2420 from the multimedia point of view
is a MPEG4 device. I hope you know that Nokia N93 also uses the
OMAP2420 processor doing cool mpeg4 encode at VGA 30fps, but that's on
IVA1.0 not on ARM. So, if N800 is not using IVA, then don't expect
good multimedia experience like N93.

BTW, I am slowly and steadily working on the IVA driver components,
but we don't see whole lot of drivers on that right now.

--
---Komal Shah
http://komalshah.blogspot.com