On 1/9/07, Daniel Stone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 07:44:18PM -0500, ext Jon Smirl wrote:
> Did a SIR transmitter make in into the N800? I have a Phillips RC9800i
> remote control and I would like to replace it with my N770 or a N800.
> http://www.hometheatermag.com/accessories/0406philips/

No, it did not.

You can get IrDA versions everywhere.
http://www.buyextras.com/irdaadapters.html?gclid=CNDDxsHW1IkCFRFBgQodfF4i4Q
But these are in the wrong frequency band for a remote control.

The software is more interesting than the hardware. For example you
could extract program guides from tv.yahoo.com. The Philips device has
an activity based UI. You click on watch DVD and it turns on the TV,
DVD and stereo and then sets everything to the right inputs.

This would make a good add-on product if Nokia is interested.

--
Jon Smirl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]