Hi,

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 09:15:16AM +0200, ext [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
1. Is it possible to use the display of the N800 in portrait orientation?
My application currently runs on a display that is 640x480.  800x480 would
be a big advantage, but I can't figure out how to reorganize my layout for
480x800.

Did I got you right? 800x480 is the default on N800.

Haven't tested screen rotation on N800. On
770 it worked, but one had to gave up few
optimizations: http://syslog.movial.fi/archives/7-xrandr-on-nokia-770.html

Easiest way is to just run xrandr on N800 and see what happens.

That will rotate in software, which is immensely slow.  The LCD
controller (Hailstorm) can rotate on scanout in hardware, so using that
won't be a performance hit, will still let you display videos, and will
generally be a great deal faster.

That's dtrue and of course should be preffered over software
solution. The only advance of the software solution is that it can be
easily controlled from the application, but if the goal is to run
nothing but this software in "kiosk mode" I would also vote for the
HW solution.

Br,
Sampo