Many people would like to replace Opera with something else, for various reasons. One of the candidates has been MiniMo, but that seems to have stagnated.

Has anybody considered porting Epiphany to Maemo? It's already GTK based, so I would think that it would be easier to port to Maemo than some of the other choices.

I've tried the current Epiphany with one of my pet "problem sites" (AAA's TripTiks page), and it works, so it would seem to me that it would be more compatible with Web 2.0 sites than the Opera 6 that is in the Nokia. It is Free Software and so could be part of the Maemo source distro.