Paul (Klapperich)
Sorry for the confusion. My statement "BTW, the message indicates Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-56" should have been "BTW, the _error_ message _below_ indicates Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-56". The version had not been mentioned in any prior post.

Paul (Sehorne)

Paul Klapperich wrote:
On 3/21/07, *Paul F. Sehorne* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Paul Klapperich wrote:
    > Actually, I still think you should have used yum.
    I agree, but  my installation of yum is not working either (because of
    dependencies).  I tried to install xephyr using rpm hoping for
    success,
    wishful thinking I know.  I guess my time would be better spent
    getting
    yum working.  Right now when I execute yum I am greeted with the
    following:  (BTW, the message indicates Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-56)

Sorry, I missed that because you keep creating new posts instead of just continuing a single thread. Neither of the threads I read indicated a version.

Is that RHEL 3.2, or an old Redhat 3.2? Regardless, even RHEL 3.2 is pretty old--that might give you some problems right there. But like I said, I don't really know Redhat...

    ======== yum error msg follows======================
    There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
    required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

       No module named yum

    Please install a package which provides this module, or
    verify that the module is installed correctly.

    It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
    current version of Python, which is:
    2.2.3 (#1, Sep 26 2006, 18:12:26)
    [GCC 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-56)]

    If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please send this
    message to < [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>.

A quick search revealed this post[1], which looks similar to your situation. The reply says to look at questions 7 and 10 from the YUM faq[2]. (10 is how to search the yum mailing list).

[1] https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/pipermail/yum/2005-October/007831.html
[2] http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq#Q10

Hope that help
--Paul