On Friday 25 May 2007 11:42, Juuso Räsänen wrote:

> I have been trying to compile MPlayer myself under Maemo 3.1.
> I've used patches from:
> https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=54
>
> However, commands...
>
> [sbox-SDK_ARMEL: ~/MPlayer-1.0rc1-maemo.16] > ./configure
> [sbox-SDK_ARMEL: ~/MPlayer-1.0rc1-maemo.16] > make
>
> ...results after a while in errors like:
>
> cc -c -I. -I../libvo -I.. -Wdeclaration-after-statement -O4   -pipe
> -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -I/usr/include -D_REENTRANT
> -I/usr/include/gstreamer-0.10 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
> -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/libxml2    -I/usr/include/SDL
> -D_REENTRANT  -I/usr/include/freetype2 -DMPG12PLAY -o idct_armv5te.o
> idct_armv5te.c idct_armv5te.c: In function `idct_row':
> idct_armv5te.c:125: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:107: Error: selected processor does not support `smulbb
> fp,lr,r9' {standard input}:109: Error: selected processor does not support
> `smlabb r5,r0,ip,fp'

This error is caused by the use of armv5te instructions in inline assembly
while gcc is not ordered to support them (either with -march or -mcpu
options).

In order to fix this problem and compile the package with the best settings
for N800, you can use:
CFLAGS="-mcpu=arm1136jf-s -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer
-ffast-math" ./configure
make

Or just type 'make deb-n800' or 'make deb-n770' to build a .deb package.
See 'debian/rules' file for the options used when building mplayer packages.

But I think that maemo developers mailing list is not the best place to
discuss such application specific issues which do not have any direct
relation to maemo platform in general. It would probably make sense to
use  'support' tracker at https://garage.maemo.org/projects/mplayer/
for this instead.

If you have any other questions or still need help, feel free to e-mail me
directly. I guess, discussing the programming techniques and optimizations
used in mplayer which are potentially usable in other maemo applications is
ok here,  but such boring stuff as compilation issues is unlikely to be
interesting to anyone else :)