On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 13:15 -0400, ext
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have packaged recordMyDesktop (pretty simple: one binary) compiled to
> use OSS and another to use ALSA but I can not seem to get them to work.
> Both of them tell me the sound card is not configured. I could use some
> suggestions from anybody not alot of info on the web.

Do you have this problem in scratchbox or on the device (or both)?

Here I'm assuming you are running it on the device. The problem is that
the device uses a special DSP interface for the audio and AFAIK doesn't
by default include neither ALSA nor OSS. Usually audio is played using
gstreamer in which this is not a problem as maemo includes a plugin to
play through the DSP.

Luckily, there is an ALSA plugin for the device's DSP in the
SDK-repository: try installing package osso-dsp-plugin-alsa and then
running the ALSA-version.

- Jami Pekkanen