Sorry for the ignorance -- I just got this thing :).

We are trying to do recording from the microphone input and playback
using Python. The archives tell me that I can do playback through
osso-media-server or through gstreamer, and that the osso thing is the
native playback mechanism. I saw some demo playback code in Kagu here:

http://kagumedia.com/projects/kagu/browser/trunk/src/kagu/ossoplayer.py

and some gstreamer code there as well. The archives also tell me that
I should record using gstreamer.

Questions:
 1) is there a canonical tutorial/example for using osso-media-server,
or shall I learn from Kagu?
 2) is there the same for audio recording using gstreamer?

I am new to the gstreamer thing, so be gentle ;)

--
Mark L. Chang