Dnia Monday 05 of May 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] napisaƂ:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > unfortunately the closed part (umac.ko) is full kernel module not
> > linkable object file so it too depends on kernel version and sadly
> > even specific kernel configuration
>
> So close, and yet so far away.  I would say that umac.ko should
> definately be reworked so it is not distributed as a complete kernel
> module, but just an object, umac.o, that can be linked to an open
> source driver, perhaps even hooked directly to cx3110x.ko.

There is a trick to get umac.ko built for other kernels then default one.
Have a look at [1] and [2]. You need to have umac.ko from device and
remove some sections from it. Then cx3110x 1.x driver can be compiled for
it (I did not tried it with 2.0.15).

        cp ${WORKDIR}/umac.ko ${S}/src/binary_umac.o
        ${OBJCOPY} ${S}/src/binary_umac.o -R __ksymtab
        ${OBJCOPY} ${S}/src/binary_umac.o -R __ksymtab_strings
        ${OBJCOPY} ${S}/src/binary_umac.o -R .gnu.linkonce.this_module
        ${OBJCOPY} ${S}/src/binary_umac.o -R .modinfo
        ${OBJCOPY} ${S}/src/binary_umac.o -R .init.text
        ${OBJCOPY} ${S}/src/binary_umac.o -R .exit.text

1.
http://amethyst.openembedded.net/oe/viewmtn/viewmtn.py/OE1/revision/file/d4a97f257158aba4fde91347580030110ef215bf/packages/c3110x/cx3110x_1.1.bb
2.
http://amethyst.openembedded.net/oe/viewmtn/viewmtn.py/OE1/revision/file/d4a97f257158aba4fde91347580030110ef215bf/packages/c3110x/files/umac_binary.patch

Method with open source driver + firmware blob would be better but this
will rather do not happen as 770 and n8x0 are already on market so Nokia
wont spent any extra money on rewriting driver.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

  Any smoothly functioning technology will have the appearance of magic.
                -- Arthur C. Clarke