Vivia Nikolaidou wrote:
> Anyway, here is the story:

All this is very unfortunate and it is too late now but you could have
done some things better to minimize those issues. I'm not sure about
N810 program but with N800 there was a FAQ page
http://maemo.org/community/wiki/n800developerdeviceprogram/ (see "Nokia
shops don't cover my country, do I still have a chance?") and
implications were discussed in this list many times. Maybe with future
developer device programs (if any) this should be stressed again to
prevent or minimize such frustration. Here are the facts:

- devices are sold only in some countries
- you need to use online store of those countries
- you need to use credit card with shipping and billing address from
that country

So the best way is to have friend from that country who will buy the
device for you, use his/her own credit card, gets the device, then
preferably also tests the device (and handles possible replacement) and
then ships it to you. Unfortunately you can't ship device directly to
you and you can't use your own credit card. And most probably you can't
easily claim warranty in your country if device arrives broken or gets
broken later. This is the reality you either accept or not. The other
choice Maemo team had (and I think they really considered it) was to
limit the program only for developers from those selected countries to
prevent similar unhappy stories. Fortunately they decided against such
'unfair' setup and some developers (including me) are very happy with
this :-)

The first (770) device program was done differently and maemo team
shipped device directly which was of course better for developer outside
of those countries but I can perfectly understand this was not easy and
most possibly such experiment was possible only in the beginning of such
project.

Frantisek