Robert Schuster wrote:
> So the answer is "no". As long as Maemo's goal is not 'providing a 100%
> free platform' as well I[0] will not contribute[1] to it

There is difference between Nokia and Maemo here. It may not be be goal
for Nokia as a company (no matter what is our opinion on this) but it
can be goal for Maemo and community around it. And I believe some work
is slowly done towards this goal. Both at community side via replacing
few closed bits or running alternative distributions, and some work is
done on Nokia side too (with glacial speed) so we may have less
roadblocks in future.

> and I expect
> that with more and more freedom respecting projects/products you will
> have a hard time finding people who do.

Yes. I also hope the future is bright and have no problem switching to
something more open with same qualities in future. Today (or maybe at
least yesterday? ;-) Maemo is the best choice for me. It makes more
sense (to me) to collaborate with them and try to push it towards
openness than trying to start yet another tiny 100% open platform from
scratch :-)

Frantisek