On Sunday 15 June 2008, Andrew Barr wrote:
> I am using an N800 running Angstrom[0] booting off of an SD card, using
> an initfs modified to multiboot as is documented on the wiki[1]. I am
> having some trouble getting wpa_supplicant to authenticate on my WPA-EAP
> (PEAP-MSCHAPv2/TKIP) home network. This works fine in the Internet
> Tablet OS provided power management is turned off (something is
> apparently wrong with 802.11 PSM on my AP). It appears to be off by
> default when the tablet is booted into Angstrom
> (/sys/devices/platform/wlan-omap/psm is '0'). The EAP auth seems to work
> ok (eap_state in 'wpa_cli stat' is SUCCESS) but the crypto gets hung up
> at 4WAY_HANDSHAKE and times out. I have observed this on my own home
> network and at least one other similar network at my school. I am using
> wpa_supplicant 0.6.3 linked with openssl (also tested 0.5.5 linked with
> gnutls) and the 'wext' driver. The cx3110x driver is the one shipped in
> the initfs for the latest official Nokia firmware.
>
> I can provide packet captures and similar debugging info, perhaps the
> maintainer of the driver can help me out with this? The last message I
> saw concerning this was from late 2007, talking about running
> wpa_supplicant under ITOS and this was not yet supported as cx3110x did
> not yet support WE-18 or later. This appears to no longer be the case,
> as /proc/net/wireless indicates WE-22 and no version mismatch messages
> are printed by iwconfig. Also, the output of 'iwlist wlan0 scan' has WPA
> info, which indicates to me that WPA via Wireless Extensions _should_
> work.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> [0] http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/
> [1] http://maemo.org/community/wiki/HowTo_EASILY_Boot_From_MMC_card/

IIRC the recommended way to get cx3110x support is to use cx3110x-devel
mailing list: https://garage.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/cx3110x-devel

BTW, there is a set of community enhancements and patches for cx3110x
driver (Nokia 770 version) collected together by Rodrigo Vivi and posted
here: https://garage.maemo.org/pipermail/cx3110x-devel/2008-April/000038.html

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka