David Greaves wrote:
> Hi all
>
> So I've been trying to get my N800 to multi-boot into an everyday Diablo and a
> 'clean' test install of Chinook and Diablo.

This is perfectly possible. I'm runing everyday Chinook and 'clean' test
install of Diablo. Kernel and initfs is from Diablo.

> I've written up my progress here:
>   https://wiki.maemo.org/Advanced_booting
> and now I'm stuck.
>
> Neither the Chinook nor Diablo partitions run correctly; they both progess to
> about 90% (blue line on bottom of splash screen) and then reboot.
>
> I'd appreciate some assistance :)

I don't see anything wrong, few random hints

- extract rootfs.jffs2 from .bin again and never mount it rw on desktop
i.e. do 'mount -t jffs2 -o ro /tmp/mtdblock0 /tmp/jffs2' on PC. I've
seen corruption of the image if mounted rw on PC.

- use tar instead of rsync (should not make much difference)

- performance tip - mount destination ext2 with noatime, run rsync with
--inplace to prevent creating 2x more files in destination (one
temporary, one real)

Frantisek