On Oct 21, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Patrik Flykt wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 18:14 -0400, ext Kwan Hong Lee wrote:
>> However, we are unable to programmatically associate to newly found
>> access points that we have never saved.
>
> ICd2 needs the network connection to be saved beforehand to gconf in
> order to find the relevant network parameters.
>
> Save a similar type of WLAN to gconf and check what attributes it sets
> in gconf. Then create a program to add WLANs using those attributes.

Wouldn't it be better for the library to provide an API for such
things, so that in case of a change in the internal data structures /
gconf schema (with the API being the same or at least being backwards-
compatible) you don't have to change every single program that tries
to mess with the direct gconf settings for WLAN access points? And
hunt hard-to-find bugs? Hmm..

Thomas