Ryan Abel wrote:
> What about something like powerlaunch? Music playback is a pretty
> common use case, and having to take the tablet out of your pocket to
> change the volume or the song is a pain. Some hooks into dsme/mce so
> you can issue commands with the screen turned off would be a nice
> feature.

It would be even more helpful if these things can be used by apps
directly, i.e. send D-BUS messages which hardware keys are pressed when
the screen is locked, just like what we can already do with the headset
button. This way, we can implement hardware key handing in every app
with the locked screen, too.

Thomas