Hi,

I don't mean to sound ominous or anything, but is the camera mechanism for
detecting the camera has been turned still working? I'm using an N800 with
diablo and the latest SSU update (36-5 at the time of this email) and my
N800 can still tell the camera has been turned and rotates the picture (and
this N800 was smacked with a football and fell on a concrete floor and the
camera popped out...).

If you really want to make it rotate manually for the time being:
gconftool-2 -s -t bool /system/osso/af/camera-has-turned 1

(gconftool-2 -s -t bool /system/osso/af/camera-has-turned 0 to make it
normal again).

Regards,
Faheem