gary liquid wrote:
> thanks for the reminder :)
>
> I have put together a report including test cases on the itt forum
>
> http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=261099

I have added  my comment there but I'm not sure where is the best place
to discuss it.

> I am not sure where the problem originates from so putting the issue
> centrally is the best option.

I believe the problem is in kernel or starts in kernel. The first patch
By Rodrigo Vivi has additional part mentioned here
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=155704#post155704

This part caused video and camera to not to work at all. Quick hack was
to remove those lines so dimensions of planes are not touched but I
still believe this is wrong (to remove them) and plane information
should be somehow correctly rotated too.

It would be nice to know how exactly those 3 planes are used (plane 1 is
XV? 2 is camera?) and what sizes they should normally have. After system
boot virtual_size (/sys/class/graphics/fb?/virtual_size
) of all of them is set to 800x480 but after using stock media player or
enabling camera they are resized to much smaller size (not sure when and
how).

Maybe those lines should be put back to kernel but the userspace code
(Xv driver in Xserver? what about camera?) that plays with dimensions of
those planes should be somehow make aware of the rotation and resize
them again as they need.

Frantisek