Hi Nick,

> I'm trying to figure out if there's a bug in Maemo's gstreamer or if I'm
> doing something wrong. It seems that if I seek too many times in rapid
> succession gstreamer will report a false position (normally 0) when
> query_position is called.
>
> I hacked together a sample player[1] that demonstrates this behavior
> (from the pygst tutorial example 3.1). Once the file starts playing
> seek_from_current is called once every 0.1 seconds. On a regular Linux
> desktop it works perfectly, but on Maemo the song will end up being
> reset to 0 every few seconds (this is because query_position is
> reporting a wrong number that's 0 or close to it).

The DSP GStreamer sinks (and for mp3 you'll be using the dspmp3sink)
have problems with returning their stream position afair.

These was a question long ago about why the DSP continues to run at
full pelt when the player is paused and iirc it came down to the fact
that the DSP could not accurately return its current stream position
and then (accurately) start from there again.

This is my guess of what's causing your problem, but I'm sure one of
the Nokia/Gstreamer chaps will be able agree/disagree with this and
point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Simon