Hi Gary,

if you're using Xv for accessing the YUV overlay, then this should
work well with Fremantle, too. I suppose that Fremantle uses EXA
acceleration in the X server, so that YUV overlay will even be
integrated into the compositing process, so that you can e.g. have an
Xv overlay shining through a translucent window.

Somebody with more insight into Fremantle please correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers,
Martin