You have a DBUS Service file installed in /usr/share/dbus-1/services/? The
format of this file is very simple - just open up one of the existing files
already in there on your tablet.

(Hint: A service name specified as "firefox" is the same as
"com.nokia.firefox") (This applies to osso_initialize, the desktop file and
the DBUS service file. Nothing stops you from using your own name, however.
I once osso_initialized a program with osso_initialize("im.so.high",
"2009...)

Mr Hald is right in saying that you need to osso_initialize it (unless your
dbus service file points to a script) but you only notice the effect of not
doing that after your program has started (mainly: your program is
abnormally terminated after 30 seconds :))

Regards,
Faheem