On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 07:58:26PM +0200, Cornelius Hald wrote:

> Thanks Berto for all the good input and for explaining the decisions
> that have been made.

Thank you for your feedback :)

> Another thing is, that if you compare those two menus, you can
> easily see that the Diablo menu has more structure due to the use
> of separators. I'm not yet sure how to get back this structure, but
> I'll make some experiments. HIG suggestions are welcome as well :)

I'd like to write a longer e-mail about this, but the basic
thing is that the Fremantle menu is purposely different from
GtkMenu. HildonAppMenu has a limited number of options and there are
no separators or submenus. It is designed to be like that.

This means that in many cases you won't be able to simply convert it:
it has to be redesigned.

Show the user a few options and use e.g. dialogs for further
details/configuration. Buttons and dialogs in Fremantle are designed
to be big and finger-friendly so the user should be able to use them
easily.

Berto