Ok Now It's make sense.
Actually I fixed it several months ago (in Qt/C++).
this video confirm what I'm saying:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h37zNFSGSqA
I have the VKB enabled on my device, and I click the GV all the time...

The input method use this test to know if an item (GV or WevKit) can receive
text or not.

enabled=  (w->inputMethodQuery(Qt::ImCursorPosition).isNull() !=

w->inputMethodQuery(Qt::ImCurrentSelection).toString().isEmpty());

where w is the focused widget. If this fails for you it means that it fails
for webkit too in python...

--

Mark Twain <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mark_twain.html>  -
"There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist."