Nick Nobody wrote:
> if an application is launched by the menu directly from an
> executable (using the Exec variable in the .desktop file) it gets a nice
> value
> of -1. But, if the application is started over D-Bus (using the
> X-Osso-Service
> variable in the .desktop file) it gets a nice value of 0.

Which OS version it is? This is a bug, both should have priority 0. Can
you reopen that bug Faheem linked with details about your OS version if
you see it on current OS version? Oh wait, maybe just forget it, it'll
be WONTFIXed anyway for any current system :-)

Sadly I think that you cannot raise the priority from 0 to -1 unless
being root, you can just lower it so that setpriority call may not help
you. The scummvm problem in the bug was different, scummvm didn't like
higher priority (or better said - system audio daemon didn't like
scummvm having higher priority) so the solution was to lower the
priority from -1 to 0 which worked for ordinary user.

Frantisek