On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 09:49:07PM +0200, Till Harbaum / Lists wrote:

> i am using HildonAppMenu for the next release of gpxview.
> I have followed these instructions:
>
> http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/beta/hildon/HildonAppMenu.html
>
> The problem: If i add a menu to a newly created stackable window
> this way, i see the menus background being displayed for a fraction
> of a second before the new window is being displayed.

That's probably a bug the beta SDK, I can confirm that the example is
correct using the latest libhildon version.

> If i remove this
>   // Show all menu items
>   gtk_widget_show_all (GTK_WIDGET (menu));
> from the example, i don't have the annoying "ghost menu" being
> displayed and the menu still works like it should.

You have to explicitely show each menu item for it to appear when the
menu pops up. gtk_widget_show_all() is the easiest and recommended way
to do it.

If the menu still appears after removing that call then the hildon
version in the SDK is quite old.

What's the version of libhildon that you're using? That bug should be
fixed in 2.1.40.

Berto