On Sat, Jul 04, 2009 at 08:58:14PM +0200, Till Harbaum / Lists wrote:

> While i was pretty successful doing the first i still need a submenu
> here and there. I found this example:
>   http://maemo.org/api_refs/5.0/beta/tutorial/html/ch10.html
> using seperate windows for this.

I think that example is not very correct, I'll try to have it updated.
If you need to show more options when you select a menu entry, a
dialog is probably a better choice.

> I tried to use a seperate hildonappmenu via hildon_app_menu_popup,
> but wasn't successful (just nothing pops up).

I imagine you are using the beta SDK, there's a bug in HildonAppMenu
that could make that fail. Still I think that it's better to use a
dialog.

Sorry for the delay, btw, I'm currently at the Gran Canaria Desktop
Summit and the inet connection here is not very good. For those of you
here in Gran Canaria, there are a few talks about Fremantle tomorrow,
the first one is about the toolkit (by Claudio and me), but there are
also talks about the window manager and the multimedia framework:

http://www.grancanariadesktopsummit.org/node/271

Feel free to approach us for questions, comments, etc.

Berto