On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 09:52 +0200, ext Jamie Lennox wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just looking to see if anyone has had any luck with using clutter as
> a home area plugin.
>
> I've been playing around with it and for the life of me can't get it to
> work, i'm using clutter-gtk 0.9 as 0.8 gave assertion errors.
>
> I suppose what i want to know is:
>  * can hildon use a clutter-gtk embedded stage as its primary widget.
>  * is there code somewhere that i can reference.
>  * When loading the home plugin at what point does hildon attach it to a
> real window as this seemed to be the problem with clutter 0.8 that it
> was trying to realize the widget before it was attached to the toplevel
> window.

I'm assuming you are talking about Fremantle. You don't have to
implement the applet as a plugin.  hildon-desktop treats your window as
a Home applet if you simply have "_HILDON_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_HOME_APPLET" as
the first element of your _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE property.  You also need
to set _HILDON_APPLET_ID string atom if you want hildon-desktop to
remember the position of your applet (to map the GConf configuration to
your window).

This means that you could have a standalone application implementing the
applet window, in case the plugin way does not work for you.

-Kimmo