Hi Andrew,

Qt AppMenu API is quite simple, but you don' need it at all. It's just for
Qt internal use.
To have Maemo5 menus in Qt you don't have to code (at least you can.. but
using Qt Designer is better:P)
Those menus are filled with the QActions available in the QMainWindows.
Basically this the standard way to create menus in Qt (except you don't have
to put QActions with menus).
QMainWindow will take care of creating and showing the Actions as items of
the Qt Maemo5 menu.

I've picture in portrait and landscape mode of it.. I'll publish them ASA
I've the permission.

HildonStackableWindow<https://git.maemo.org/projects/hildon/gitweb?p=hildon;a=blob;f=hildon/hildon-stackable-window.h;hb=HEAD>are
supported by Qt as well. I implemented them in QMainWindows
because it is convenient (they supports the menu).
To  put them  in your app you have to create a QMainWindows parent of
another QMainWindow, You don't need nothing more.

About the Rotation support..it can be enabled with ONE line. But I'll talk
more about it next episode! :P

Cheers,
Antonio

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Andrew Flegg <and...@bleb.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 15:09, Kate Alhola<kate.alh...@nokia.com> wrote:
> >
> > Same thing to Qt, it is not limitation of Qt. App menus looks
> > exactly same rendered with Qt than rendered with GTK.
> > It just uses exactly same style for elements.
>
> And this is one of the things which is being asked for! Can you post a
> simple example (and screenshot) of a Qt program which looks like a
> "normal" Maemo 5 app?
>
> What's the Qt AppMenu API? Does Qt do more work on behalf of the user
> (for good or ill) in terms of rotation support? etc. etc.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> Andrew Flegg -- mailto:and...@bleb.org  |  http://www.bleb.org/
> Maemo Community Council chair

Joan Crawford<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/j/joan_crawford.html>
- "I, Joan Crawford, I believe in the dollar. Everything I earn, I
spend."