2009/9/28 Cornelius Hald <h...@icandy.de>:
> On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 13:00 +0200, Thomas Perl wrote:
>>  * Added pure black and white as suggested by Graham
>>  * One slot is free (when the current setting is a custom color that is
>>    not in the palette, the slot will be taken by that color and pre-selected)
>
> Do you think that one custom color is enough? How about having a
> complete column or row for custom colors? I didn't try it, but it looks
> like there could be enough room for a fourth row of colors.

With the "one custom color" I mean a situation like this:

1.) The default color set by the application is #ff0000 (which is not in
     the Tango palette) - default for some setting, not application wide
2.) User clicks on the button that brings up the color selector dialog
3.) The resulting dialog should show a "current" state, and without the
     single button for #ff0000 added, none of the color buttons could
     be selected.

For the custom colors, I think we can add a whole palette (named
"User defined"?) to the selection, and let the user customize it. This
"User defined" palette (again, 18 colors) can then be shared among
applications. It should probably be editable from within the dialog.

Thomas