On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:37:10PM +0200, Joaquim Rocha wrote:
> What hardware keyboard layout are you using at the moment? You can check
> this by going to the Settings->Text Input.
>
> You should be able to input extra characters by pressing Fn and then the
> Sym/Ctrl key. A dialog with extra characters pops up and all you need to
> do is tap on the desired one.
>
> Could this end your saga? :)

If I'm to type Lithuanian text, I need to be able to enter these
characters:

  ąčęėįšųūž
  ĄČĘĖĮŠŲŪŽ

There's no ogonek, dot above or macron in the Fn+Ctrl palette.

(BTW my preferred use for Fn+arrow keys would be to map them to
Home/End/PgUp/PgDn.  Tab on the on-screen toolbar is sufficient for
xterm use and I haven't missed it anywhere else, well, except for xchat.
Hm.  Fn+Enter?  Convince xchat to use the tab character entered from the
Fn+Ctrl popup for nick completion instead for inserting a literal ASCII
\t?)

Marius Gedminas
--
You can't have megalomania.  *I* have megalomania.
                -- Joe Bednorz