Hello!

In the latest version of gPodder (written in Python), I have started
using maemo-optify. It saves around 1 MB according to maemo-optify's
output. The problem is that now when a user upgrades from an older
version to this version, it breaks (the user cannot start the
application from the icon, and starting it from the command line tells
me that Python can't find the "gpodder" module).

Uninstalling and re-installing the package fixes this problem, but I
assume there will be lots of users upgrading from the current version
in Extras (non-optified) to some optified version in the future, and
they won't just try to uninstall and re-install it and assume that the
application is at fault :/

Is it possible to fix that problem somehow? Or should I just disable
optification?

Another problem is the slower startup speed, which is really
noticeable now. That's another reason why I would like to go without
optification.

Thanks,
Thomas