On 11/11/09, ibrahim <ibrahim....@asgatech.com> wrote:
> cheers;

Hiya,
> I was wondering if there are APIs to programatically manage/change the
> phone profile (normal-silent-offline-meeting ..etc) in Maemo 5.
> Can I put the phone to silent or make it offline for sometime ??? Is
> this controllable?
> What component of Maemo
> <http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo_5_Developer_Guide/Architecture/Top_Level_Architecture>
> is responsible for Profile Managment?

The closed-source libprofile can be used to manage this; its headers
are found in the nokia-binaries repository. Its API does not seem to
be documented but the headers do have Doxygen comments in them and it
can perform such stuff as getting the current profile name, switching
profiles, having a callback function called on the changing of a
profile, etc.

For switching the device into Offline mode, I know no other way than
using DBus method-calls to MCE, the Mode Control Entity. I'm not able
to get the exact service names etc. here, ATM, but a search for
"com.nokia.mce offline" should bring up what is needed.
> thanks in advance;

Best Regards,
Faheem