2009/11/10 Andrew Flegg <and...@bleb.org>:
> On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 13:50, Gabriel Schulhof <n...@go-nix.ca> wrote:
>> I, for one, will stick to 26x26, because older version of Hildon
>> Application Manager do not work with higher rez icons, and I don't want
>> yet another reason to split my source package along distro lines.
>
> AIUI, Diablo and Chinook HAM's both work fine with 48x48 icons (they
> scale down); whereas none of them will scale up. If you want a single
> icon size, make it 48px square as this won't look silly in Fremantle
> and will look acceptable on earlier releases.

It might be possible that Gabriel's scripts can be extended so that they
will pick the icon file with the right size (or do anti-aliased scaling in case
the right icon size is not available as file) depending on which target
(fremantle, diablo, chinook, etc..) the package is being built for...

This would make it possible to have proper icons for every distro version
while still not having to have different debian/control files for each one.

Thomas