On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 05:52:29PM +0200, Michael Stepanov wrote:

> It'd be really bad if the GPS chip will be weak as on N810. Cause my
> device spends a lot of time to find location.

In my (short) experience it is _worse_.

I have been unable to get a GPS fix using just the internal GPS. I
tried 2 or 3 times in very open spaces, and after 3 or 4 minutes I
gave up (note that I haven't tested since I upgraded to 42-11, I don't
know if it makes a difference).

The N810 was slow but I almost never had problems if I stood still for
a couple of minutes. And after that it worked reasonably well.

With an internet connection available, though, this one is very fast
(<10 seconds). And looking at how the Maps application is, I think
it's meant to be used with a data plan. Otherwise it's not very
useful.

Berto