Hello everyone

I've packaged up and pushed libgmp to extras-devel, but obviously made a
mistake in the Debianisation as it's trying to install a file to my
build directory (so don't try installing it yet). I can guess why the
code I inserted is wrong, but can't work out what to put in to actually
make it work. I've tried altering the rules file, but to no avail.

We're talking about the debian/rules file in the install: section, which
currently looks something like this (tabs removed).

install: build-stamp install-prep
$(MAKE) DESTDIR=`pwd`/debian/tmp -C build install

dh_install --sourcedir=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp -plibgmp3c2
usr/lib/libgmp.so.*
dh_install --sourcedir=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp -plibgmp3c2
usr/lib/libmp.so.*

dh_install --sourcedir=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp -plibgmpxx4ldbl
usr/lib/libgmpxx.so.*

dh_install --sourcedir=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp -plibgmp3-dev
usr/lib/lib*.so
dh_install --sourcedir=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp -plibgmp3-dev usr/lib/lib*.a
dh_install --sourcedir=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp -plibgmp3-dev
usr/lib/lib*.la
dh_install --sourcedir=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp -plibgmp3-dev usr/include
dh_install --sourcedir=$(CURDIR)/build -plibgmp3-dev -Xgmp-mparam.h
usr/include/gmp*.h
# dh_install -plibgmp3-dev build/gmp-arm.h
$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp/usr/include

# Install upstream ChangeLog, AUTHORS, NEWS, and README only in -dev
package
dh_installchangelogs -plibgmp3-dev
dh_installdocs -plibgmp3-dev AUTHORS NEWS README

The build/packaging failure message is this:
dh_install --sourcedir=/home/simon/build/Octave/gmp/gmp-4.3.1+dfsg/build
-plibgmp3-dev -Xgmp-mparam.h usr/include/gmp*.h
dh_install: libgmp3-dev missing files (usr/include/gmp*.h), aborting

This part should install the arch specific header file (e.g. gmp-arm.h)
from the $(CURDIR)/build directory. I put in the commented out line
(just after the one I repeated above) which worked, but fails for the
x86 build of course, so back to something generic.

The gmp-arm.h file that I'm interested in installing does exist in the
$(CURDIR)/build directory just in case you were wondering.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon