Hi,

we try to create a UI for a game. The game itself isn't on the display,
but we want to visualize earned points, positions (like in a race) etc
including simple animations on the display.

Can we still use Gtk or Qt? What's about cairo or pygame?

- Gtk seems somehow unflexible (more for good classical UI)
- Qt: PyQt not available, PySide status unclear
- PyGame: seems flexible, but maybe not comfortable, or?
- Cairo: looks interesting, but can we build a complete UI with it?

(Ah, yes, we would prefer Python, but this is not mandatory)

At the moment we face the problem, that we want put a picture in the
background and use buttons in the foreground (like in the Mauku-UI). But
also we want do some animations..

Grateful for any hints...

Thanks,

Keywan