On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 23:56 +0100, ext Matan Ziv-Av wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, obb770 wrote:
> There is no way equivalent to exit_app_view, but in a modified
> hildon-desktop I am working on, I add a similar dbus signal for
> selecting any of the desktop modes. See here for details:
>
> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=38314
>
> I'll use this thread for a question regarding hildon-desktop. Where is
> hildon-desktop developed? In other words If I want a patch to be
> included in hildon-desktop, whom should I contact?

If more and more applications will start controlling the desktop state,
it could lead to unpredictable behaviour and/or chaos, so I'm not very
fond of that.  The desktop UI and its transitions works as they were
specified by UI and interaction experts.

If you want the switcher to ignore your application, please try using
_NET_WM_STATE_SKIP_PAGER. See
http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html#id2552903
for more information.

-Kimmo