> >> I'd suggest that the autobuilder checks to see that the
> >> uploader's email
> >> address is included in one of the *Maintainer fields; but
> >> there is the
> >> slight problem of what happens when someone is uploading
> >> someone else's
> >> package (e.g. as a favour when they are away from a build machine)?
> >
> > There's also packages which are maintained by a team but uploaded by
> > an individual.
> >
> And there are also packages taken from Debian/Ubuntu and uploaded
> without any change.
> I don't think we should stop them from coming. It's possible to find
> real uploader name in autobuilder logs and might be in the /packages
> web UI as well.
> Bringing new checks like this to the system wouldn't make entrance
> barrier lower for newcomers.

Automatically fixing the Maintainer field of these straight re-compiles
would actually make the entrance barrier slightly lower, the compiler
(person) would have one less job to do editing debian/control. And
really it is the straight re-compiles that are the issue here and
certainly we don't want to stop them.

Simon