CID is easy: dbus-send --system --print-reply --type=method_call
--dest=com.nokia.phone.net /com/nokia/phone/net
Phone.Net.get_registration_status

The following snippet, from
http://www.bleb.org/software/maemo/telephony-maemo.c, explains the
return values:
DBUS_TYPE_BYTE, &status,
DBUS_TYPE_UINT16, &lac,
DBUS_TYPE_UINT32, &cell_id,
DBUS_TYPE_UINT32, &operator_code,
DBUS_TYPE_UINT32, &country_code,
DBUS_TYPE_BYTE, &network_type,
DBUS_TYPE_BYTE, &supported_services,
DBUS_TYPE_INT32, &net_err,

--

Anyway, thanks to all for the answers. I'll be lazy and just listen
for the "operator_name_change" signal; it's easier then trying to

Best Regards,
Faheem