On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 15:16 +0200, ext Ahmed Ammar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While trying to compile xserver-xorg-video-fbdev_0.4.0-180+0m5.tar.gz I
> have come across missing definitions:
>
> sgx_exa.c:79: error: ‘EURASIA_TAG_STRIDE_THRESHOLD’ undeclared (first
> use in this function)
>
> After further digging and installing of the maemo5 SDK I found that
> these are provided by opengles-sgx-img-common-dev. And after chatting
> with Stskeeps on IRC I was informed that Nokia have actually modified
> the SGX libraries.
>
> I would like to know how Nokia have managed to do so? Have they gotten
> the source for the drivers from ImgTec? Are they actually different to
> those available from TI?

Yes, we had access to the source code, but mostly the modifications were
done by ImgTec developers.

> Would it be possible for someone to use your binaries outside the maemo
> project?

I guess if the SGX chip is the same (and you have compatible X parts).

> Also, could this be forward ported to newer libraries from TI/ImgTec?

I'm sure all generic fixes were forward ported, but notice that the
driver in Fremantle is a bit old compared to the upstream.

-Kimmo