> I'm currently using GStreamer to play mp3 files. I'm trying
> to move all mp3 decoding to the DSP but I'm unable to find
> any useful info on the matter.

May I ask why you're trying to move mp3 decoding to the DSP? Are the mp3s
the sound track/effects for a game, etc., so you want to have more CPU
cycles to do useful work?

> The only thing i got so far is this paragraph from the wiki:
>
> http://wiki.maemo.org/Documentation/Maemo_5_Developer_Guide/Ar
chitecture/Multimedia_Domain#Audio_Codecs

> Most of the audio encoders and decoders are wrapped under the
> OpenMAX IL interface [OMAX], which abstracts the codec
> specific implementation (which in general can run on ARM or
> DSP). Unless a different solution is needed (due e.g. to
> sourcing problems, performance requirements or to fulfill
> some specific use cases) all the audio codecs will be running
> on the ARM side to simplify the audio architecture and to
> avoid the additional latency and load over the data path due
> to the routing of the audio data first to DSP and then back to ARM.
>
> So, obviuosly a different solution is needed but I coudn't
> find any documentation whatsoever. :) Anyone can help here?

Are there any existing OpenMAX mp3 decoders targetted at the TMS320c64x DSP?
If not, it would probably not be too painful to port one (where pain is all
relative, but at least this would be less painful than trying on the more
constrained and 8bit-less c55 ;)

Cheers,

Simon