>> I don't think format support is hugely important in the end, as you
>> can convert between formats with a program like calibre.

> Strongly disagree. Maybe your or I can, but it's rather terribly inconvenient
> and requires using another device to facilitate ebook reading on your N900.
> Without good format support, there's hardly any point.

You have a point.

However, support for several formats is something that can be
accumulated later on, when the rest of the program is in shape. GSoC
is a very finite time period. As long as we can add backends that
output epub-like data (table of contents, sections as html), we should
be in the clear.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio