In investigating the possibility of using my N900 as an external GPS
unit over bluetooth, I learned that there doesn't seem to be a way to
get NMEA out of the N900 GPS. I see a lot of people mentioning the
problem and that they plan to work on it though :).

Has anyone started on this? I guess it could be a driver for gpsd, or it
could be a proxy that translates liblocation => nmea (probably having to
fill in some dummy/empty information).

I fixed the dependency problems and got the minigpsd package to install,
but that doesn't help since it's looking for information in the place
the N810 GPS exposed it.

--
-John Sullivan
-http://wjsullivan.net