Hi,

>I just learned that Nokia released the Qt SDK Beta version, which
>supports to development Maemo applications. I am wondering how it
>affects Maemo development.

The Qt SDK Beta is in addition to scratchbox, so it can be seen as a new more
user friendly developer environment.

>I have 2 specific questions:
>
>1) Will it be sufficient to development Maemo applications? If it is,
>what will happen to Maemo SDK or MADDE?

AFAIK, not all the APIs will be exposed in the SDK, and for some work
(especially on the platform itself) the Qt SDK might not be the best.  It is
primarily designed to support application developers working on top of the
platform.

MADDE is a critical part of the Qt SDK, so it will be around for a good while.

>2) Nokia Qt SDK supports Qt 4.6.2 and Maemo will support Qt 4.7. Will Qt
>SDK upgrade to Qt 4.7 soon? Maybe i should ask this question to SDK team.

Release dates are notoriously difficult to predict, however, AFAIU, the Qt SDK
with Qt4.7 should be available close to the Maemo with Qt4.7 release date.

Ronan.