Vinod Nanjaiah wrote:
Hi,
I am trying to capture key presses of the Hard keys (Up, Down, Left, Right, Home, etc) on Nokia N770.
Is it possible to do so using a simple c program or shell script?

Not sure what is the scenario you want to use it for. For low level access you can use kernel input subsystem directly

see e.g. evkey.c [1] and its usage in bootmenu.sh [2]. Just beware that different devices have different device names and key events still go to the rest of the system.

For playing nice with the system using powerlaunch [3] is indeed better. I am not aware of 770 version (the author [4] has/had N800) but the source is here [4]. Maybe it could build fine at least in OS2007 hacker edition.

Frantisek

1. https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/tags/bootmenu_0_1/?root=bootmenu 2. https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/trunk/bootmenu/files/?root=bootmenu

3. http://powerlaunch.garage.maemo.org/

4. http://austinche.name/maemo/index.html