On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 00:49 -0400, Tim Niemueller wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have a question specific to Gtk(mm) programming for Maemo 5. In a
> dialog of an application I would like to mark one of the buttons green,
> like the call button in the call UI. I have found the appropriate images
> in /etc/hildon/theme/images (e.g. AcceptFingerButtonNormal.png).
>
> I'm trying to set those images with Gtk::Widget::modify_bg_pixmap() to
> change the draw style. But this does not have any effect. Running the
> program with strace shows that the file is indeed successfully opened.

Short answer: you should name your button
"hildon-accept-button-{finger,thumb}", so that the theming engine itself
picks the right graphics (look into the gtkrc file to understand why
this). Choose one between finger or thumb to get the properly sized
image. The one you mention is only gonna work OK with finger size
buttons.

For naming the widget, you can use gtk_widget_set_name(). I'm not sure
of the gtkmm equivalent but I suspect it should be GtkButton::set_name()

Claudio