Hi,

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 5:26 PM, Michael Cronenworth <m...@cchtml.com> wrote:
> Nokia has backed out of MeeGo and today they have backed out of QT. This
> leaves the Maemo distribution solely in the hands of the community.

Can you please explain how Nokia's decision to sell off handling of
Qt's commercial licensing relates to Maemo (or MeeGo) in any way?

Please make sure you have read the actual source, not the hyperbolic
headlines from the media
(http://blog.qt.nokia.com/2011/03/07/nokia-and-digia-working-together/)

> Will Maemo.org and its infrastructure be online for the foreseeable future?
> I have a few Maemo apps (GTK-only) that I'm in the process of developing,
> but if maemo.org and its repositories are going to be taken offline I don't
> see a need to continue development.

I don't see any signs that maemo.org will close down for the time
being. There's still interest in the platform and so far no word on
whether there are to be any change in Nokia's funding maemo.org. I do
believe that there has been some talk about looking into alternatives
for if/when that happens though.

--
Robin Burchell
http://rburchell.com