Hi Niels,

thanks for replying.

> Yes, it was running for a very long time. How long does it take to
> build it on your system for arm?
>
> This seems to run for quite a whle now, is that expected?
> builder1 17811 99.9  0.0 158612  8700 ?        R    Apr11 951:58
> /scratchbox/devkits/qemu/bin/qemu-arm-sb --sbox-call
> /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/erlang-13.b.2.1-dfsg/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/beam.smp
> /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/erlang-13.b.2.1-dfsg/bin/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/beam.smp
> -- -root
> /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/erlang-13.b.2.1-dfsg/bootstrap
> -progname erl -- -home
> /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/erlang-13.b.2.1-dfsg/debian
> -noshell -noinput -mode minimal -boot start_clean -s erl_compile
> compile_cmdline @cwd
> /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/erlang-13.b.2.1-dfsg/lib/parsetools/src
> @warn 1 @option debug_info @option warn_obsolete_guard @i
> /home/builder1/maemo-fremantle-armel-extras-devel/work/erlang-13.b.2.1-dfsg/lib/stdlib/include
> @outdir ../ebin @files leex.erl
>
> qemu-arm-sb is using 100% of one core continuously.

IIRC I've never been able to build it using qarm-emu.  I recall there
was a missing syscall.  I retried today and sure enough I got stuck with
100% cpu of qemu-arm-sb running erlc.

It was never reproducable, in the sense that it was usually on a
different file.

I attached gdb today and saw:
[thomas@otto dev]$ gdb -p 16086
GNU gdb (GDB) Fedora (7.2-46.fc14)
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show
copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-redhat-linux-gnu".
Attaching to process 16086
Reading symbols
from /opt/scratchbox/users/thomas/scratchbox/devkits/qemu/bin/qemu-arm-sb...(no
debugging symbols found)...done.
0x60089a31 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x60089a31 in ?? ()
#1  0x60000adb in ?? ()
#2  0x60001453 in ?? ()
#3  0x60090ea0 in ?? ()
#4  0x60000151 in ?? ()

I don't know how last time I figured out it was a missing syscall or why
I have no symbols.  What should I do to get symbols ?

I remember that I finished creating debs by copying the erlang compiler
and build directory to my phone in a chroot, then running erlc there,
and copying back the compiled erlang code (as the erlang .beam code is
machine-independent).  But it was a four day nightmare :)

> > c) what is the best course of action ?
> >
> > - package erlang and couchdb manually and ask for an exception to ship
> > them
> > - figure out what the bug might be
>
> That would be the thing to do here.

Ok, I'll see what I can do about fixing the actual qemu-arm-sb bug.
Anything I can read up on to get useful backtraces ?

> - for which I will no doubt need help
> > of the debmaster (which I think is Jeremy in CC, correct me if I'm
> > wrong)
>
> You are wrong ;) Jeremiah is not working for maemo.org anymore.

Ok, I think it would be good to update the wiki page.

Also, is there some way to see what is currently building ? It looks
like the maemo build system can only report after a build failed or
succeeded, I'm never quite sure if it's even trying to build what I'm
submitting.

Thanks
Thomas

"Two million women and only one Flasheart..."
--
MOAP - Maintaining your projects since 2006
https://apestaart.org/moap/trac/