On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Jussi Hakala <jussi.hak...@movial.com>wrote:

> On 06/10/2011 01:02 PM, Gary Birkett wrote:
>
>> At this point however, we have a problem:
>>
>> How can we inside MeeGo N900-DE Import the contact cards themselves
>> using a scripted command line tool?
>>

> If you can read a single file easily, maybe then concatenate all separate
> vcf's to a single file.
>
> You'll probably want to add a newline after each item too. The exported
> ones do not have a newline at the end and some applications choose not to
> read the concatenated file properly if the tags marking begin/end are not on
> their own lines.

Thanks for your input, however this is an added step to the process and not
required.
It is trivial in shell script or code to parse and enumerate the data from
individual files as exported directly from Maemo.

The idea of this hack is to keep it really simple and easy for people to
improve their N900-CE experience :)

BR

Gary