On 16-Nov-11 12:22, Thomas Perl wrote:
2011/11/16 Attila Csipa<ma...@csipa.in.rs>:
Just to have it here, too: I submitted a brand spanking new version
of libqtm-12 to extras (1.2.0+git20111104-0nd~fremantle5, in
practice this is almost 1.2.1). Now, this is a completely differently
packaged
libqtm-12 as the previous one, so I fully expect some breakage
(reports of it welcome).
Thanks for keeping things sane in the Maemo world :) So, does this
still need to use addImportPath and addPluginPath as described on the
following wiki page?

http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Wiki/Latest_Qt_and_Qt_mobility_evaluation_on_Maemo

Is there any way to make this even more seamless, so that developers
targetting Harmattan primarily can easily "backport" their Qt Mobility
1.2-using apps to Maemo 5 without having to add all these specialities
(which they might not even know about if they don't come from a Maemo
background).

Yes, it still needs those as those paths are hard-coded in Qt, and we can't (well, shouldn't) overlap the mobility 1.0.2 plugins. Now, there is an alternative, specifying the paths through envvars, but that means that again the .desktop file would need to be changed, so back to square one...

Best regards,
Attila Csipa