On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 11:46 AM, Ивайло Димитров <freemangor...@abv.bg> wrote:
>  Hi guys,
>
> I want to "officially" announce my success on achieving what was considered
> impossible - stable thumb2 compiled binaries in Fremantle on N900.
>
> More details here:
> http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84829
>
> So far I don't have hard values for RAM usage reduction, but it should be in
> the range of 20-30 MB (depending on the usage pattern). Anuway, the
> combination of reduced memory footprint and latest gcc makes a real
> difference.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ivaylo Dimitrov

Thank you and congratulations on this project. I tried it on an extra
N900 and it does seem to make a noticeable difference. As a user I
hope that there is some possibility for it to be mainlined into the
CSSU (if CSSU decides to ship its own kernel). These along with
default stable smartreflex really gives the N900 a new life. It feels
faster to use and the battery lasts longer than ever before.